Monday 25 March 2013

Pushing to hard

Yesterday started great, Rocket boy was up and on the computer doing his reading eggs lesson before I had even gotten out of bed. 

After breakfast we got out the wooden Handwriting without Tears pieces and made Mat Man which both rocket boy and ladybug loved



then rocket boy made the letters we covered last year out of the wooden pieces



we made playdough then had a lot of fun with the handwriting without tears cards making all these letters again.



and bascially this was the pace we set for the day, the only real break was when I put Word World on for the kids to watch but it was also a eposide on the difference of b and d which is another lesson for Rocket boy.

In the afternoon I was using the magnetic board with Rocket boy, he got through the first ten letters before he started playing up.  At this point I should have realised we had done too much already, the amount of material we covered in one day could easily have been covered over a whole week.  I should have been pleased but instead I was angry.

Luckily it only took me a few minutes to realise my mistake but it wasn't until after I had a small outburst directed at Rocketboy which I regret now.

Do you every push your kids too hard? How do you react when your kids play up while you're teaching them?

1 comment:

  1. I read where they say that it is not unusual for the letters b and d and p and q to be missed up until kids are around 8. I remember when my eldest kept messing them up I thought she might have a learning disorder ... lol The only disorder was mummy worrying and expecting too much!

    ReplyDelete