Thursday 19 September 2013

Introducing Mama T and Tuatara



Please help me welcome Mama T and Tuatara to Homeschooling Aotearoa Style.

Mama T is going to start sharing about her home schooling journey with her daughter Tuatara here in the Aotearoa.

I started off my parenting life at the tender age of 17 years old. Operating on the auto pilot parenting style from my parents. As I have gone through each experience in my life, and had each child, I have found my parenting style keeps evolving, and as it should. My first 2 children (now 21 & 18) from my first marriage went to school. My step daughter (2nd husband's daughter, 3 when I met her, but now 13) goes to school. My daughter to my current husband started off at school (8 nearly 9) But through constant re-evaluating what will suit each child, as I have had them. We have come to the point with my youngest, that it suits her best to be educated at home. I want her to want to learn, not be told what to learn (with some guidance). But I am sure our style and approach will keep evolving too, as I grow more confident in my daughter's own ability to learn everything she feels she needs to know. I will keep supporting her, encouraging her to have confidence in herself, and I will learn some new things as well along the way.

So if you are interested, you are more than welcome to follow our nutty journey of home education. Through the trials and errors and laughter and tears

No comments:

Post a Comment