Friday 8 November 2013

Weekly Wrap up


Last week Ladybug started at a new kindy, this one is closer, and offers morning sessions, instead of her previous kindy which only allowed a minimum of 6 hours a day. Ladybug is booked in 5 mornings a week for 3 1/2 hours each day.  This fits in well with Jellybeans naps as well as allowing me the mornings to work with Rocket Boy who is easily distracted when Ladybug is working at the table when he's working, as well as the afternoons for Ladybug to have time with me and not feel left out. 

I didn't take many photos during the week, as I find that it's just the same photos of Rocket Boy working on his book work, or i just forget to get the camera out (or phone)  

Rocket Boy completed rhyming words, punctuation, l and k in Handwriting without Tears.  He's getting rather fast with his handwriting, I feel like I just pop off to do something quick, like change a nappy and he's finished before I even get back to the table. 

Math U See is back to being a favourite, this week we covered counting to 20, adding 2+2, 3+3, 4+4 and 5+5 as well as skip counting by 2's.  

Rocket Boy is now on the final map of Reading Eggs, but has also started exploring the Reading Eggs world and there will be plenty to keep him going before I can afford to purchase the reading program I hope to continue him with next year. 

On Thursday afternoons Rocket Boy has sports group run through the local homeschooling network, this lasts an hour where he learns about ball skills, playing together as a team and gets exercise.  I also have to keep Ladybug occupied as younger siblings can not join in, so she is hanging out until she's 5 and I can enroll her.  This week I was organised and had a Tinkerbell Preschool Pack ready and set up for her.

Untitled Untitled

We also spend the afternoon on Friday working on our human sized anatomy activity, the free printable were created by Confessions of Homeschooler which is another one of my favorite blogs. I have to admit to rushing thru this and not being in the best mood with the kids and their mucking around.  I had Jellybean in the sling, she was very unsettled, crying, and not sleeping so we did not spend the amount of time on this we should have, I hope to revisit this when I can next week.


Untitled


Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment