Thursday 21 November 2013

Weekly Wrap up



It's good to look back at the end of the week to see what you've managed to accomplished, especially if you feel like you haven't really managed to do anything.

Ladybug as been unwell all week, turned out she had picked up a parasite, so while she wasn't grumpy or feeling bad she was still stuck at home all week.  Usually having Ladybug around all the time means little to no book work is completed, this may have been true in the first couple of days, he ended up surprising me and completed days of work in just two days. 

Monday we still attended Rocket Boys swimming lessons, I didn't know what was wrong with Ladybug at this point, while I kept her out of Montessori, as she only had one symptom I thought she would be ok as the private pool where there are only 2 other children who will be swimming with Rocket Boy.

Rocket Boys swimming is improving so much this summer, after months and months of lessons and no improvement showing it seems to have finally kicked in.

Untitled

Ladybug helped me make buttery flaky delicious scones, which were served up with homemade strawberry jam and freshly whipped cream.

Untitled

Tuesday was a mix, as we had managed a trip to the doctors I knew we were stuck at home until Ladybugs stomach had settled.  Rocket Boy completed his book work in the morning, we coloured in a pirate, melted white chocolate and made strawberry and marshmallow Santa.  I also introduced Rocket Boy and Ladybug to some movement videos on youtube, Rocket Boy and Ladybug were so into them we ended up doing them every day. 

Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled 

Wednesday is a blur, I know that Rocket Boy completed his book work but that's about it.  It must have been one of those days where you just get what needs to be done and move onto the next thing.

Thursday was fun, Rocket Boy really wanted time on video games so I gave him half an hour after completing all his book work, once that was up he wanted more time so I gave him the option of completing more book work in exchange for more time on his game. He learning another 2 hours all up.

After a quick trip to the supermarket for some missing ingredients Ladybug helped me pull together a meal of chicken and vegetable tortellini and a dessert of chocolate fondue.

  Untitled Untitled

Friday was a repeat of Thursday, Rocket Boy completing more and more book work to earn more video game time, although I made it clear that this was only for today and he can't expect extra video game time next week.  Ladybug, Jellybean and I hung out in the backyard with the bunnies while hiding from the sun.

Untitled Untitled

Reading Eggs - I got tired of Rocket Boy not fully understanding what he was doing, most of the games within the lessons are multi choice so he ban just keep clicking answers until he gets it right without even knowing what he's doing.  As our subscription is managed through the a National homeschooling group I emailed the coordinator to reset his account back to the placement test.
The placement test is 60 questions long, a child can get 3 answers wrong before the test ends.  Rocket Boy surprised me and got up to question 50 before the test ended, and was placed at the beginning of map 10, only 2 maps behind were he was.  Rocket Boy has completed 5 of the lessons of Map 10.

Handwriting without Tears - Rocket Boy was very busy with his handwriting this week, and completed letter p, r, n, m, h, a poem, and paragraph, b, f and q, that's the amount of work I would expect over 9 days.

Math U See - This week Rocket Boy covered skip counting by 10, Additions of Hundreds, and solving for an unknown. 

Next week is swim safe, so I'm unsure of how much I can push Rocket Boy to complete any book work during the week, I will let Rocket Boy lead the way, maybe if i dangle video game time in front of him to see what he chooses to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment