Friday 11 October 2013

How did I choose Rocket Boys Curriculum?




In many of the homeschooling facebook groups I'm apart of there have been people asking about curriculum lately.  While what I use is all listed in Rocket boys exemption application I thought I might share how I actually came about choosing each piece.

I like to read blogs, and I read a lot of homeschooling blogs.  There are some very popular american homeschooling blogs who post about their curriculum choices at the beginning of their school year in September each year.  I look forward to these posts and check out all their curriculum choices.

This is how I find out about many different curriculum I've never heard about before.  The iHomeschool Network do a "Not Back to School Blog Hop" where hundreds and hundreds of bloggers have linked up their posts about their curriculum choices.

After reading many many blogs I learning about so many different kinds of curriculum choices I then started searching for reviews on any ones that look even slightly interesting.

My favourite thing I've found so far this way is the Handwriting without Tears curriculum.  I'm also very keen to look into the All about Reading and All about Spelling curriculum.

In New Zealand we're very fortunate to get paid a supervisory allowance which I can use towards the purchasing anything I choose to.  The amount is not a lot and will not cover all costs, but it any money helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment