Friday 18 October 2013

Weekly Wrap up


Rocket Boy did great with his handwriting and completed letters c, o, s, v and w.  He still needs reminding how to correctly form his letters at the beginning as he likes to take short cuts.  Handwriting without tears is still meeting all Rocket Boys needs for a handwriting curriculum. 
Rocket Boy is still going strong with his new Math U See curriculum and speeding through the lessons.  Almost everything we've covered so far we've covered in our day to day life, so the only thing new to him is using the blocks.  As he's working on his Maths every day his handwriting of numerals are improving greatly.

Untitled

We've been using the First Language Lessons for a Well Trained Mind, I'm not good at remember to do this, but Rocket Boy is retaining everything no matter how long between lessons.  I'm also learning along side of Rocket Boy as the stuff covered in this curriculum I never really understood or retained from my time in school. 

Rocket Boy is doing well with his Reading Eggs and is almost completed map 10.

Ladybug LOVES to bake with me, if she seems be doing anything in the kitchen she will quickly pull up and chair and come and join me.  While I don't always want her in the kitchen with me, I try to find little jobs she can do like putting the butter into the food processor, turning it on and off for me.  I usually measure out the ingredients and then let her add them, or I'll crack the egg into a cup for her to tip in.  If I'm OK for there to be a mess I'll even let her measure out the dry ingredients herself, but I find with having to care for Jelly Bean as well I don't cope with mess as well as I used to.

Untitled


I decided to spend a day doing crafts, So I printed out some pictures for the kids, a Lego Batman character for Rocket Boy and a Lizard for Ladybug.  We then ripped or cut with scissors pieces of tissue paper and glued them to the picture.  

Untitled 

Ladybug had a go at some paper weaving, she needed a lot of help from me, I think i'll revisit this again in a few months, or try weaving with something other than paper. 

Untitled

I picked up a spelling game 2nd hand from an online homeschool curriculum trading group.  Rocket Boy jumped straight in spending a good part of an hour playing.  

Untitled


No comments:

Post a Comment