Saturday 19 October 2013

Mail Time


I'm always looking for ways to get Rocket Boy to practice his handwriting outside of his Handwriting Without Tears work books.  Last week someone linked to a post on How We Learn about setting up your own post office.

I filed this away thinking I could use this idea one day.  That one day was during a weekend when Hubby was home and able to spend time with Jellybean while I worked with the older two.  I grabbed two empty boxes, pulled them apart and then put them back together inside out.  This makes it easier to paint.
I also cut a hole for posting on the fronts, and a flap in the back so Rocket Boy and Ladybug could remove their mail.

I gave them the do-a-dot markers to decorate their boxes.  Rocket Boy quickly added a few dots to his and then declared his finished.  I had to encourage him to add more to his, but it was still more box coloured than painted.


Untitled Untitled

Once finished the new mail boxes were installed at the doors of their bedrooms just waiting to be filled with mail. 

Untitled Untitled

But what mail... I printed some postcards on the kids favourite colour card, for them to write cards to each other.  Ladybugs were just scribbles but Rocket Boy really wanted to write a birthday party invitation to his sister.  With a little help with spelling he completed this and posted the card into her mail box for her to find.

Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment