Thursday 31 October 2013

Tuataras Daily Log



Tuatara
Tuatara by Simon Willison, on Flickr



Well today went well and having a time schedule and mine craft as a reward is still working.

Started off with the painting of the labelled bones on her skeleton puzzle from yesterday. She did half before she started losing interest. She is not a big colouring type person, so what she did was great.



Then it was getting close to lunch time and Tuatara wanted to make some banana pikelets. So she got out all the ingredients and followed the instructions. Measuring as she went and mixing as she needed to. Brought up some great discussions on fractions e.g I have a 1/2 cup measuring cup, but the recipe asks for 1 1/2cups. So how many of the 1/2 cups do I need to make 1 1/2 cups.

I have been wanting to get Tuatara past this hate of writing. So today I said she would do some writing. She could either write a story or I could find her something to copy (to practice writing nicely). She asked to copy something. So I found a page on the Internet with Halloween poems for kids. She could chose which one she wanted to copy. Then she edited it before she showed me. Awesome effort, no tantrum or tears.



Next she did her spelling list on Spelling City online. She chose the crossword, word search and sentence scramble. When we start a new list, I let her see the list of words for the first 2 days. Then after that she does it without the list.

Then next she did maths on Study Ladder. I have noticed her resistance to want to try to tell the time off a wall clock. So it was good timing that study ladder maths was about telling the time. She did reading a calendar, a time worksheet and telling the time in quarter to and quarter past. We will practice this more in the future.

Last of all for planned activities is 2 pages out of her English Workbook. I am not a fan of English and grammar, so I like using a work book for this. She practiced using apostrophes.

She is now enjoying her reward of mine craft for an hour, YouTube after, probably an episode of 'The Amazing Race' tonight and dad and her reading books together in bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment