Friday 11 October 2013

Weekly Wrap Up





I don't take photos of everything we do, but if it's handy I grab my phone and take a photo during the day and here are some of them.

Spelling

Rocket Boy doesn't like spelling, so I try to make it fun.  I decided to get the letter stamps out and I tested him on the weeks spelling words, instead of writing out the word he used the stamps.  We've only just started doing spelling so the words are rather simple at the moment. 

Untitled

I've been holding off purchasing any math curriculum until I receive the supervisory allowance in December but I couldn't' wait any longer, so after playing around with the budget I managed to purchase everything I need to start Math U See.  So far Rocket Boy has known everything asked of him in the lessons, but I wanted to start at the primer level anyway to ensure he get s a good solid foundation for Math as it appears to be his favorite subject.  On the first day he completed three weeks of work so I imagine we'll be moving onto the next book shortly.

IMG_20131004_151745

For science we're studying the human body, this week we made an eatable cell. The bowl was the membrane, the jelly was the cytoplasm, blackberry lolly was the nucleus, jelly beans - mitochondria, sprinkles - lysosomes, pepples - golgi bodies, wine gums - endoplasmic reticulum and the jetplanes - centrioles.


Untitled

Rocket Boy really wasn't into doing any work book learning on day and begged to play Monopoly.  Normally I would want to push him to at least do certain stuff first but I rained in my instincts and got the game down.  He loved it and really enjoyed doing the banking.  Our game is electronic and uses cards rather than cash, Rocket Boy would have to type in the number and press the correct keys to add or remove the money from the cards.


Untitled

We started a daily calendar time, for more information on what we're doing have a look here.


Untitled

Ladybug had some fun making a necklace out of pasta.

Untitled

Nana visited and read some of our current read aloud book "The Wizard of Oz"


Rocket Boy has also made great progress with his Handwriting without Tears work book this week and finished map 10 in Reading Eggs.  It was also the final week of the mid term school holidays in New Zealand, while we do schooling year round, and take time off when it suits our family, Rocket Boy has many friends who attend public school so had several days during the week where time playing with friends took precedence over anything else. 

We would love to know what you've been up to this week.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment