Sunday 13 October 2013

Naming your homeschool



On one of the homeschool facebook pages I'm a member of, someone asked if anyone named their homeschool and if so what name did they give it. 

I believe it's more of an American thing, naming your homeschool and may even help with paper work in some states with their homeschooling laws.  In New Zealand this isn't required but I can help thinking about it.

If we named our homeschool then when any of the kids are asked what school they go to they can just answer with the name.  They can even be part of the naming process and help us pick a name that truly represents us as an home educating family, with our education beliefs.

But it isn't easy thinking of a name, I'm not to sure where to start.  I guess asking the kids what they think is the first step.

What about anyone who is reading this?  Do you name your homeschool?  

No comments:

Post a Comment